Thursday, October 28, 2010

Curried Pumpkin Soup

I developed this recipe from a few I found on mom-mom.com. I used coconut milk and I thought it was delicious that way. Since I made this soup for my friend who is vegetarian, I used Knorr vegetable bouillon cubes, which are fabulous, but chicken would work just as well.

2 tbsp. olive oil

1 onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, chopped

2 stalks celery, chopped

5 cups water

3 Knorr vegetable bouillon cubes

2 tsp. curry powder

1 29-ounce can pumpkin

Freshly ground Black pepper

Salt to taste (I didn't use any—bouillon cubes were salty enough)

1 14-oz. can coconut milk, evaporated milk, or cream

Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)

Dash of hot sauce (optional)


Saute onion, celery, and garlic in olive oil. Add water and bouillon cubes and simmer until vegetables are totally soft. Add remaining ingredients, puree in blender in batches (or use hand blender if you have one), return to pot.



1 comment:

  1. Just made the soup. Definitely the type of things that you would pay big bucks at an Indian restaurant. DELICIOUS!!! Wish I had some tandoori bread to go with it.

    ReplyDelete