Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies, Take 2

This is my new favorite chocolate chip cookie. I haven't been able to try the pistachios yet although the friend who sent me this says they are amazing, and I haven't sprinkled them with smoked sea salt. But the chewy texture of this cookie is just wonderful.


I used 1 tbsp. ground flax + 3 tbsp. water instead of egg, kosher salt in the actual dough, and I baked these at 375 for 8-10 minutes, although the 300 degree technique works well, too. (But I can't wait 18 minutes for cookies....)

I also had GREAT success making these gluten-free! I substituted the wheat flour for the same amount of Pamela's Gluten-Free Bread Mix and they were perfect!

Today's mission is to substitute coconut oil for the butter, for my gluten-free dairy-free friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment