Saturday, December 16, 2023

Fridge Food Boxes


I’m quite excited about these Pyrex dishes https://www.target.com/p/pyrex-10pc-glass-meal-prep-set/-/A-79764899 that fit so perfectly in my side-by-side fridge. (Not gonna lie that I’m totally inspired by the fridges filled with neatly-packed side dishes in Korean dramas.) These Pyrex containers don’t have a tight seal so they’re just for at-home use or for foods that aren’t runny. I've found that fresh produce takes up a lot less space in your fridge if you chop and store it in these containers, and even more significant, I'm much more likely to use it if it's already chopped and ready to eat. I’m working hard at counting calories and I have a big week coming up, so my gift to myself was to spend a chunk of the day preparing foods for this shelf. Some are just for me and some can also be eaten by my son who’s on a special diet. Here's this week's inventory:

-Takeout chicken parmesan

-Takeout lemon chicken

-Seasoned taco meat

-Shredded lettuce

-Roasted cauliflower

-Roasted zucchini

-Roasted bok choy

-Cantaloupe chunks

-Broccoli salad

-Marinated cucumbers

-Spinach artichoke dip

-Chap Chae

No comments:

Post a Comment