Thursday, April 15, 2010

Carne Asada

I got this recipe from my friend Kris and it turned out amazing! It was tender, and my beef is never tender. I sliced it across the grain and served it with flour tortillas, sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and shredded lettuce. The half jalapeno gave some flavor but wasn't hot at all....I might try the whole one next time.
 

4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced [I used half; make sure to use gloves and remove all seeds and membrane]
1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped [didn't use]
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 limes, juiced
1 orange, juiced
2 tablespoons white vinegar [I might use less next time...kids said it was a little sour]
1/2 cup olive oil

Put 2-3 lbs of thinly sliced beef in a ziplock back with the marinade above. [I used "flap meat" recommended by my butcher, and grilled it on outdoor gas grill, just a couple of minutes per side.]


No comments:

Post a Comment