Monday, April 19, 2010

Vegetable & Beef Lo Mein

I was at the mall yesterday and saw a Mongolian BBQ place that looked and smelled so good, it inspired me today. I used the vegetables I had on hand so you can use whatever you have.

olive oil
half an onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
carrots cut in matchstick size pieces
sliced fresh mushrooms
1 zucchini cut in small pieces
leftover carne asada cut in strips (this is theoretically Mexican but it tasted wonderful in this dish!)
1 package thin Asian rice noodles, cooked/drained according to pkg directions
Teriyaki sauce (I used "Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki)

Just saute the vegetables in olive oil, starting with the ones that take the longest to cook, until cooked to your liking, then add the leftover meat, then the noodles, then season with a few dashes of the teriyaki sauce. I didn't use much sauce because it's pretty sweet. My girls went ga-ga over this when they got home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment