Saturday, January 15, 2011

Korean BBQ Beef

I got this here: http://bbq.about.com/od/marinaderecipes/r/ble30921b.htm This is easy and absolutely delicious. Boil leftover marinade for about 5 minutes to serve over rice. I usually double this.

1/3 cup soy sauce (I use Kikkoman Reduced Sodium)
1/4 cup green onion, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon black pepper
Optional: Add a dash of liquid smoke if you are using the George Foreman

Combine all ingredients and mix until sugar is completely dissolved. Pour over beef and marinate for 2-5 hours, but I have done it for less time if I'm in a hurry. I like to use "flap meat" that people in my area use for carne asada; I don't know what it would be called elsewhere, but it's very thin and messy-looking when raw and really tender when cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment