Monday, October 19, 2009

Sprite Chicken

This is what we're having for dinner tonight if I can stop writing and start marinating! We will have it with mashed new potatoes with the red skins.

This is my family's favorite marinade for boneless skinless chicken and it's really easy. I keep a "secret stash" of cans of Sprite in my closet so they don't get used up by my family. I keep the horseradish in the fridge and it lasts a long time. You can marinade overnight or just a couple of hours. Grill, fry, or broil. The next best thing to grilling IMHO is cooking them on the stove top on a grill pan. A grill pan is a frying pan with raised ridges and leaves grill lines on the food. Make a lot of this and you can use the leftovers for a green salad bar, or pasta salad, the next day. Leftover Sprite chicken doesn't last long in my house.

Easy "Sprite" Chicken Marinade (My version)

1/2 - 1 c. Oscar's Greek Salad Dressing (or any Italian or Greek dressing you have around)
1/4 - 1/2 c. Kikkoman reduced sodium soy sauce
3/4 can Sprite or 7-up (drink the rest)
1-2 tbsp. cream-style horseradish

Original “Sprite” Chicken Marinade
(from Jane W.)

½ c. oil
½ c. soy sauce
1 c. lemon-lime soda
1 tbsp. horseradish
a couple cloves fresh garlic or 1 tsp. garlic powder

No comments:

Post a Comment